InfoTrac Newsstand provides the largest digital collection currently available of magazines, newspapers, journals and other periodicals and covers a variety of academic, professional, and general-interest subjects. This vast collection of indexed and full-text content features an intuitive, powerful interface: the Gale PowerSearch platform.
Other features include:
· Sophisticated Search Assist with Also Try functionality
· Enhanced search results that incorporate context-sensitive multimedia, including images, videos, and podcasts
· Web 2.0 sharing tools, including Delicious, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Newsvine and more
· The ability to create individual Gale user account profiles, name and save any search and receive search alerts when new content is available, thus making staying on top of the latest research a snap
· 12 language choices -- including newly-added Russian, Arabic, and Polish -- for on-demand translating of documents
· ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology allows each article to be read aloud to the user, catering to the needs of auditory learners
· A downloadable MP3 file for every document allowing on-the-go researchers to listen through devices such as an iPod® or MP3 player
· Where available, documents can be downloaded as PDFs for use with eReaders and other mobile devices
· Citation generation in either MLA or APA format
In addition to the advanced platform that drives these resources, Gale's periodical resources use a unique indexing method to bring even more value to users. Only Gale dedicates a team of expert indexers who manually read articles and apply specific subject terms. This allows Gale's Subject Guide Search to direct students/researchers to articles that are highly relevant to their search. This saves time and reduces frustration for the researcher.
Type of information: Articles (Journals and Newspapers)
Geographical Coverage: Global
Data range: 1970-
Update Frequency: Daily
Access: Campus & Off-campus. For off-campus accessing, please contact librarian.